Friday, July 25, 2008

Heading to Colombia

So.. I am busy packing and washing some last minute items..good thing my new washer has the "express wash" cycle. Trina is coming to pick me up at 4:00pm. We are heading down to Portland as that is the airport we are all flying out of. Our actual departure time is 12:35 AM (so tomorrow!) Here is my itinerary for getting down to Medellin.

Depart Portland Airport 12:35 AM (Continental)
Arrive Houston 6:33 AM
Depart Houston 9:00 AM
Arrive Panama City 1:03 PM
then we change carriers and fly on COPA airlines
Depart Panama City 6:54 PM
Arrive in Medellin 8:10 PM

so.. I basically spend an entire day just getting there. Looks like I will be plenty ready for bed when we arrive. We are staying at the Hostal San Lorenzo de Ana. We will be working with kids at both the Colombus School and at a public school called Las Palmas. If you Google the Colombus School in Medellin, they have a website and you can click on the Math Institute to see exactly what we are doing. I think the photos are from last year though.

Well, wish me luck. I hope to keep posting as I go but we will see how that works. I downloaded "Skype" to keep in touch with my family. It allows you to call a computer free of charge. The kids will be able to talk to me and see me too with a webcam. So fancy!

Thanks to everyone who donated school supplies, those watching my kids, and all the people who are praying for a safe journey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear all about your adventures! Have a great time :-)