Sunday, September 21, 2008

Got a Bird in Your Throat?

Yes.. it is that "time" of year, the time when someone in the house brings home the first germ! Most of the time, the honor goes to one of the kids and unfortunately it seems that the youngest is the one who gets sick the most. I guess we should be happy we had 14 sick free days. Poor Katie, she is feeling miserable this weekend. The kids did not have school on Friday, so she got a three day weekend to rest up. She has a runny nose, a bad cough, an aching head, a fever, and "a bird in her throat".

Now I know you are thinking.. "bird"?? what the heck?? Well, let's just chalk it up to "kid's say the darndest things". When Katie was almost 3, Conner was sick at home and had lost his voice from the cold he had. Katie was intrigued by that and I told her that Conner had a "frog in his throat". Well, the next day, she kept coughing and saying something that we didn't quite understand. I asked her what was the matter? She said " I have a bird in my throat". After I thought about that for a minute.. I said "No, honey... I think you mean you have a frog in your throat". She said... "No Mommy, Conner has the frog, I have a bird"... AH HA! So, from then on, a bird she has had. I am sure people think we are all nutty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that story about the bird! Thanks for sharing :-)