Sunday, September 7, 2008

A boy and his cat

I cannot tell you how much our cat loves his kids. I know many of you have heard the story of how we "acquired" Tiger. But, here it is again. When Katie and Garret were going to daycare at Marlis', I had stopped to pick them up in our new van (both doors opened on each side). Garret was getting in on one side and I was putting Katie in her carseat on the other side. I had noticed a young cat on Marlis' porch the day before, but she had told me it was not hers and was a stray. Anyway.. I know you see it coming.. as we are driving down the road.. Garret tells me, "Mom, there's a cat in the car". And well, I knew he didn't have a home anyway, and we didn't have a cat... So, that is how we ended up with "Tiger". He absolutley loves the kids! He has been pulled, tugged, and carried around until you would think he was sick of it... but he comes back for more. He especially is fond of Garret. Marc squished him once in the garage door and I had to take him to the vet. We thought he was a goner... I explained to the vet that saving the cat was not important to me, but seriously important to my then 3-year old son. The first week of school was tiring for the kids... Garret was not thrilled to get up early. I took this photo because, well, I couldn't resist. What can I say, the cat loves his kids!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From that angle, Garrett looks a lot like Conner! I love the picture....such fun moments captured!