Wednesday, January 14, 2009

South Prarie Creek (NO, River?)

With all this freaky, wacky weather... I thought I would post some photos of South Prarie Creek which runs near our house (just down the road). Thanks to my neighbor Krystal who braved going down there past the ROAD CLOSED signs to snap these photos. I used to drive by this house every day to take Katie to daycare.


The creek itself is usually on the right side of the photos. The fork of the creek near the house in the photo is actually the road. I will add some "after" photos this weekend. This road has been closed before for flooding...but NEVER this bad!



The superintendent of our school district actually lives on a road right after this house and he was "stuck" there for a couple days. Conner's bus usually comes this way and had to go around everyday which meant he was last to school for awhile.

*1-16-09 I added the "after" photos for comparison. You can see they are doing some road repair...adding big rocks and sucking out the silt from the drainage system.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is crazy!