Saturday, December 20, 2008

Baking Day

Today we had a baking day. Katie and I made sugar cookies. They turned out pretty good, but I am sure they will not be "thin" enough for Grandpa...


My family has always enjoyed Grandma Irene's Carmel Rolls, so today I am attempting to make them myself for the first time. I dare say they look good so far, we will have to see if they taste good tomorrow morning.
Over the next several days, the weather here is supposed to be pretty terrible, so I went to the store with Marc today and bought plenty of "supplies"... enough candy, sugar, flour and spices to cook treats for days. Tomorrow we plan to do some candy cane bark and haystack cookies!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want your caramel roll recipe :-) I love the snow pictures. It looks like you enjoyed the couple of days off :-)

Laurie said...

I'll take those rolls thin or not! Perfect weather for baking. Great pictures!