Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wrestling Mom

Today was Conner's first official wrestling match... Yikes! Can I just tell you that I am positive I was sweating more than he was. He is on the JV squad, so I had to sit through all of the boys who did Varsity first... about 12 matches. Then they decided who had matches for the JV squad (our school has the biggest team in the league). I heard them say "Montieth" and I almost had to leave. He made it through the first two rounds without being pinned. His first "go" at the kid was GREAT, I thought for sure it was going to be over quickly... but then Conner caught him... and well, I think he wasn't sure what to do with him then?... and we all know what happens when you hesitate, especially if you are wrestling. And not surprising... my kid is VERY flexible, shesh. Anyway, I ripped and bit off three of my nails... not a lie. And, I think I am ready to see another one soon. GO CONNER!

P.S. He did get pinned in the 3rd round... his coach told him that would happen a lot!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Conner not to sweat it. Tim lost every match his first year of wrestling and went on to win the state title as a senior!

Laurie said...

I am very proud of Conner for trying something new! Go, Conner!How does he like the skimpy uniform?