Thursday, March 6, 2008

Disneyland Day 1 - March 6, 2008

(I know this was last March... but I want to go ahead and post about our trip and add pictures so, bear with me...)


Helllooo! Greetings from the Happiest Place on Earth.



Here we are in Disneyland. Made it fine on the plane and Garret did not "freak" out too much. I have to say the landing was a bit upbrupt... I think the pilot put on a little too much throttle but who am I to say? and since the little kids hadn't been before.. I am sure it all seemed fine to them. There was a blessed toddler sitting behind Garret, so even though he was his usual LOUD self.. she kicked and cried enough to make him look good. We managed to catch our shuttle to the hotel even though I forgot the paperwork at home.. luckily I remembered the name of the company, whew~ After we got here we had a little lunch (yuck! the restaurant downstairs serves some lousy hamburgers.. reminded me of Foothills Fare). Then we headed into California Adventure. The first ride we chose was Grizzly Peak Rapids (a round boat and some waterfalls).. well, Garret opted out before we even got on.. NO WAY, I believe was what he said. Grandma stayed with him and the rest of us piled on. It was warm today (about 70 or so) but not warm enough to enjoy being drenched with some pretty cold water. So, Katie was done with it about halfway through.. oops. Not a good first choice for her and the rest of us took quite awhile to dry out. So much for the hairdo today! ha... We then moved on to the Soarin' over California. That was a fun one, pretty freaky though.. you feel like you are flying over land when you really barely left the ground. Garret and Katie did fine with that one... I think Katie even liked it.



We then went to Bug's Life which was a 3D movie. Garret did not appreciate this.. and really hated the spiders that descended from the ceiling, he was screaming.. but we managed to finish it out (I think he closed his eyes). We did see some characters and I took the kids picture with Minnie Mouse.

After that we headed to Disneyland (Katie kept asking when we were going to the REAL Disneyland). We took a few photo opportunities and walked through Toon Town.


Conner and Grandma went on the little roller coaster. Katie and Garret went through Chip and Dales treehouse (do we sense a theme?).



We walked down to the Princess Theatre. Watched a small theatrical performance by Snow White.. Katie loved it. She got a crown and some stickers to decorate it with and did that while we stood in line for "princess photos"... I think we stood for over 30 minutes. I figured the next few days that line will only get worse so we waited. By the time we were in the front.. she was so tired... (Did I mention we were up at 3 AM?) Anyway.. we got a photo with Cinderella, Pocahontas and Jasmine.


Then we headed back to the room. Katie laid on the bed and fell asleep about 5PM. The boys are eating pizza and will go to bed soon. We are all trying to make it to watch Survivor before we go to bed. We plan to get up early and start again. Having a good time. Garret's request for tomorrow is the pool.. .go figure
!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Good job! This was a trip to remember.