Friday, October 3, 2008

28 days until Halloween and counting...

I guess I am old... I have forgotten what it is like to anticipate the excitement of Halloween and all of its "trappings". Garret has had his costume picked out for ohhh, 2 months at least. He found it in a catalog but I refused to order it because it was more than $50... so off to ebay we went and found it for about $24 (same exact thing too!) Katie just got her costume the other day at Target. She wants to be a "cat" but did not like the idea of mom making it, so we found an animal stripe dress with matching ears and tail, we can work with that. I heard Garret talking in the car today about his treat carrier and plans for walking the neighborhood...did I mention we still have a whole month to go? Plus, I have 24 more kids at school that keep reminding me about it too! If anyone who doesn't know me that well is reading.. the only real holiday I enjoy celebrating is July 4th. It is hot, there are no gifts to give, no preparation necessary, and did I mention that school is out?

My plan this week was to get costumes from years past on ebay to sell. So far, I have made $58 and I still have three to sell. I like selling on ebay, but I don't always find the time to take the photos and get the postings done. But, Halloween is around the corner and who knows.. maybe someone is dying to be Darth Vader? or a butterfly/princess/unicorn/fairy thing? Ninja anyone?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the whole holiday thing! Hey, got any toddler sized pumpking costumes?

Laurie said...

Way to go, shopper! Don't ya just love a bargain?